Life in Germany

Kathy and Richard moved to Germany in January of 2006.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ambigrams


Kathy and I had a great time in Nuremberg on Sunday. We went to see the Da Vinci Code at a theater that plays the original-language version. I thought the movie was better than the book.

What I missed, however, were the ambigrams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambigram) that were in the book. So I started doodling, and came up with these.

The top one is a Mirror Ambigram, and the bottom one is a Rotational Ambigram.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevbo said...

You thought the movie was better? Wow. I thought the movie suck-diddily-ucked. Therefore you must adapt to what I have ruled. You're just an engineer. Leave the heavy aesthetic lifting to us liberal arts grads!! Heehee!

Blah. I thought it was pretty lame and boring. All that lecturing and expositing and little action. There were hardly any characters in it except for Ian McKellan hamming it up delightfully and Mr. SPF 500.

From the movie, all we know about Langdon is that he fell in a well. The end.

In the movie, you hardly know what Sophie's role as cryptologist entails and she's just sort of there for the ride. Sure, her ability to drive a Smart Car in reverse is sexy though.

It perhaps should have been drawn out into a several part miniseries. I dunno. Everybody knows the whole punchline of the film already so I'm not sure what form it should be other than an unremarkably written bestseller.

There. I win. I used more words than you.

12:29 AM  
Blogger nagfa said...

hi,

nice concepts, these ambigrams..

we design ambigrams too.. visit us for ambigrams from singapore..

nagfa,
singapore

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home